Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday's Troubles

Tonight on the menu is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and cauliflower. Unfortunately, due to a horrible miscalculation (on my part) my potatoes have expired. I usually buy baby golden potatoes from the store when I go shopping. They are cleaner and generally keep in the pantry longer than russets. During my last shopping endeavor, the only potatoes available were 5-10lb bags of russet potatoes so that is what I got stuck with. I was not about to change my whole menu around just because my favorites were not in stock. Well that was a week ago. Today when I pulled out the potatoes to prewash them, I noticed fat roots on them. No biggie? Just cut them off? Ok... well the first one I pulled out was soft, so I threw it away. The next potato was actually oozing. That killed it for me. I threw out the whole bag. Sadly, now I have to used boxed potatoes for tonights meal.

No! It does NOT taste the same!

Granted, I can improve the bland flavor with spices and cream and butter, but it just wont be as good as the homemade stuff. I wish I had time to just make a quick stop at the store to buy new potatoes, but my day is packed. I'll have to go get more by tomorrow though so I can make a stop while on my other errands.

I'm sure you may have noticed that I've changed my morning to-do list. I've made it a list as a morning routine. I've also included any daily to-do's that will change from day-to-day. The day-to-day things will be crossed out as I complete them, however the morning routine will remain uncrossed since I do these things every morning.

What do you do as part of your morning routine?

1 comment:

  1. I love commenting on blogs and getting comments so here goes. My morning routine consists of 5 standard things.
    1. Feed Raymond
    2. Daily Bible Reading
    3. Take Vitamins
    4. Breakfast with Daven
    5. Tidy up Bedroom/Bathroom

    After this we usually start davens lessons and/or watch educational cartoons. :D Then the chaos of two boys sets in!

    ReplyDelete