Friday, April 17, 2009

T.G.I.F!


Dinner was decent last night. I couldn't decide on a dressing so I scrapped the tossed veggie salad for a convenient can of mixed vegetables. I decided to do some dinner rolls too. For dessert, we finished off the last of our Ginger-Spice Cake and a scoop of ice cream. I guess that means I'll being doing a bit of baking either today or tomorrow. Here is our meal (without the dessert pictured) from last night:

TGIF has a dual meaning today:

1) Thank God It's Friday
2) Totally Going In Fashion

Where are we going? Anywhere! Make sure to finish your morning to-do's and then bundle the kids up (and dogs, depending on where you choose to go) and enjoy the late morning/afternoon. Just make sure to pamper yourself a little before you leave the house. Take a few extra minutes to do your hair and slap on some mascara. Change out of those pajamas and find a good looking pair of jeans. You'll feel so much better about yourself.
"But I don't know where to go"
-It doesn't matter! Go anywhere. If you have a pet with you, try just taking a nice long walk around the neighborhood and enjoying the view or go to the park (or even a dog park since they are usually on a regular park.) If you don't have pets with you, there are so many places to go! Go to the mall (one of my favorites since I can walk all day and just window shop,) or an outdoor gallery/artshow/festival, the zoo, a photo studio to update pictures, fair, or even just a walk around your neighborhood Target or Wal-Mart! In any case, make sure to pack plenty of food and snacks. I always pack cheerios, crackers, juice, and water along with my son's normal food. (Sometimes I'll even pack a nutrigrain bar for myself!) To make it more enjoyable, invite a fellow mom and her pack of young ones to come along for a few hours.

After your fun outing make it a point to make sure your floors are in tip top shape! If your morning routine doesn't include sweeping/vacuuming and mopping. Do so now. Also take 5 minutes to speed dust the house (just the visible stuff!) Then enjoy an activity of your choice!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment