Sunday, April 26, 2009

All About Aiden... and Other Things

Yesterday Ian, Aiden, and I spent a few hours outside landscaping our back yard. Aiden and I sunburned. Even Ian got a bit pink. Our retaining wall is coming along nicely though. We even went on a happy family outing to Home Depot (which we love) to shop for future investments and little things that we could use now. Home Depot is our sweet spot. I do feel bad about Aiden's sunburn though. It isn't bad; he's just a bit pink, but normally I do my best to shield him from anything that could be bad for him. I guess it'll build character like so many other things often do. I've even taken him completely off formula and I am so glad I did. For some reason, when he had formula he was always hungry. Now that I've switched him to only solids and 2 daily bottles of cows milk, he is only wanting 3 to 4 meals a day. And he seems happier, more playful, and just better off in general. He even takes fewer naps which is nice because now I can spend more time with him.
His vocabulary has expanded exponentially this month too. He can say "baba" "dada" and "feet" (mama is a work in progress) as well as wave hello and bye-bye. He enjoys watching tv with us and is even learning to feed himself off of a "big boy" (toddler) spoon. He seems to be growing up so fast.

Today I have an 11am business meeting. I'm excited about it because I have already been mentioned at the Mary Kay Texas Conference (which is a huge honor) and I am really going places with this company. I wish I would have tried something like this before. The secret is to sell what there will always be a demand for. The good thing about selling beauty products is even if the economy crashes and burns, women and teens everywhere will still want to look beautiful so they will never stop buying. It's become a necessity, like food.

Well, I had better get my morning routine finished. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment