Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Microwave!

My chicken cordon bleu is baking, zucchini/squash is cut and marinating (i'll fry it up a few minutes before the chicken is done,) my sauce to top the chicken is simmering, and my pasta is boiling. I thought about using asparagus instead of the squash and zucchini but this was easier and I truly detest the smell of asparagus.

In other news: I am so excited! I finally got a microwave! Now I can cut some of my cooking time in half (during lunch time.) All dinner meals are cooked exclusively on the stove or in the oven. Breakfast is 50/50. Hubby got home early tonight so we went shopping at Home Depot to get estimates on prices for our new granite countertops. Looks like we can get exactly what we want for around $3,500. This is great news! There are just so many projects we'd like to work on; we need to prioritize. That way we don't leave anything only partly finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment