Saturday, June 26, 2010

2 1/2 Hours & Sanity?

After a nice day at the farmer's market with my brother yesterday turned hectic as the kids tore through my mother's house. I had been experiencing severe pelvic pain (because of baby 3) and had a nasty head ache and back ache to boot! Ian drove us home and he was such a wonderful help. When we got home the pain was so severe I actually started throwing up (not pleasant) and it was painful to walk. I was able to lay down in bed while Ian played with the kids and kept them happy. I'm so thankful that he was able to see how much I was suffering and stepped in to help. I woke up to screaming about an hour later, got up and went to investigate. At this point it was about 7:30pm and I did discover 2 hungry babies. However, I also found something else which also surprised me. Ian already on the ball and making them dinner. He didn't even ask me what they needed to eat. On top of that he warmed up leftovers for him and I to eat as well. He was so on top of things and took such good care of me.

Despite planning to go to bed around 10pm since Ian had to be up at 4am, we ended up staying up until nearly 1am! Ian has been having trouble sleeping lately so he was up every hour until his alarm went off at 4. I tossed and turned as well and finally decided to stay up at 3:30am. I got up and started laundry. This spurred an entire laundry day! By noon I had washed, dried, and folded 4 loads of laundry, done 2 loads of dishes, cleaned out the truck, fed the dogs, vacuumed all of downstairs, got Aiden ready to go to his Grandma's house for the night, made the bed, etc.. etc... I am still amazed I got so much done! From noon to 7pm I have a rule about minimal electricity consumption since we get charged more during those peak hours, so I like to have laundry, dishes, and vacuuming done before noon or after 7. Ambria laid down for a nap at noon so I rested and snacked on beef jerky. Overall, I am super happy with my day. I will be taking Ambien tonight so I can guarantee myself some sleep but luckily ther is no housework that needs to be done tomorrow (though I'm sure I can find something if I get bored)

I hope you are all keeping happy, healthy, clean homes too!

1 comment: