Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hello everyone! Meal Plan Monday was unfortunately delayed to Wednesday so I will be getting on it tomorrow! I did manage to spend 3 hours at the grocery store stocking up on 6 months worth of canned and dry goods for our household. Prices are so good right now, I just couldn't pass them up! Six months worth of canned foods such as tomato sauce and soups, cream of chicken, ravioli for the kids, canned vegetables, tons and tons of canned beans, etc. I also stocked up on bar soap, toilet paper which was only $10 for 24 rolls of Cottonelle, paper towels, shampoo, razors and a few other things. I did not buy meats since I do not have a deep freezer, nor did I purchase any pastas, cereal, rice, or potatoes for fear that it would be bug-infested within 6 months. It's not likely but I don't want to risk it. I ended up spending $300 which is well under the $570 limit I had set for myself however after 3 full carts, I just couldn't push anymore weight around so I didn't get everything I needed. I still need to go back to the store for round 2. I hope to do that tomorrow.

My dear husband and I have been very close this entire week. With disagreements to a bare minimum (none that I can even recall) we have been working as such a great team and I have my husband to thank for it. He has been such a tremendous help with the kids and has been the best play time buddy for them. They love him so much. I love to see their little faces light up while he crawls around the playroom chasing them or throwing them into the air while they squeal with delight. It's fun just watching them.

I'd like to take the time now to say congrats to my mom and step-dad for the new addition to their family! Their horse gave birth to a little colt yesterday at 2am! He's such a cutie! I hope you guys thoroughly enjoy him. (I know you will!)

I'll post again on Wednesday with the meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment