Friday, June 4, 2010

The Working Man, the Learning Family

My DH, Ian, started a new job back in April as an A/V Technician for the Marriott. He absolutely loves his job and I find solace knowing that this is what he enjoys doing for a living. We get medical, dental, and vision benefits along with other great perks. I am so happy he found something he actually loves to do. More so, I'm happy he's no longer working in that cancerous sunshine all day! It's nice for him to have an actual schedule too. My only complaint is that he works undesired hours (usually from 2-10:30pm) which force him to leave the house by 12:45 in the afternoon and if he gets off work on time he usually doesn't get home until 11:30pm. It's a long day but it's a steady income and we are lucky to have it. On the bright side, it's nice to have that much time to myself to get my job done as well. On top of laundry, dishes, pets, and cooking, two babies are a non stop wrecking site in the house. Another plus is Ian will be receiving two raises this year. The extra money will hopefully be put towards a second vehicle for us and possibly our looming tower of debt.

I will be returning to school next month and I am so excited! I only have the summer plus one semester until I earn my degree. It has taken me a long time but I surely believe the cliché, "Better late than never."

The kids are also expanding their minds. I read to them every day. I wish I had done it more when Aiden was younger but he was so active and had no interest in sitting still while I read to him. Now he loves pointing at the pictures as I read and Ambria is just thrilled to be in our company so she sits happily listening. I've been reading books in my spare time as well. I have enjoyed a good book every now and then for the past several years but lately I have been looking forward to it on a much regular basis. It is my own beautiful vacation in this vacation-less world of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment