Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, How they grow!

I am so proud to finally be putting an update on here today. Ambria has come such a long way. I will admit I was frustrated at first since she has reached her milestones at a later age than Aiden did but I realize all children grow, learn, and develop at different rates. Ambria is now 10 months old and so far she has 4 teeth, can cruise along furniture, she drinks from sippy cups (no more bottles!!), she can say mama, dada, and kaka (kitty, kitty), she waves hi and bye, claps her hands on command, crawls like a speeding bullet, plays very well with Aiden (despite his rough-housing) and as of today, feeds herself with a spoon!!! Sure it was messy, but she did it and I only had to show her how once. I am so proud of my beautiful girl and I don't care that she is taking her time with walking, she'll do it when she's ready.

Aiden on the other hand is so big I can hardly believe my eyes! He runs, jumps, talks very well for his age, and he's already learned some of his ABC's! He can correctly identify A, B, and C 100% of the time, D is still about 50% but we are working on it and he pronounces them crystal clear! He goes upstairs and puts himself to bed when he is told, however lately he has been asking me to read him books before he'll fall asleep. He soaps up and showers on his own, helps feed Ambria, tells me when he needs to be changed, brings me diapers for Ambria, throws things away for me, and vacuums! I am so proud of my big boy! He even plays catch (althouh he's better at the throwing part). He rode a horse at his Gma's house, and he even drinks very well from a big boy cup (not the sippy) I am so blessed to have such wonderful children and I just know number three will be a blessing as well.

On the topic of growing, our dreams of a beautiful yard are coming to fruition. Our grass is slowly but surely coming in thick and green, the dog run is staying maintained, and the tree we planted is growing steadily. We decided against planting an Aprium tree because of water consumption. We instead planted an Indian Laurel since they are great for shade, fast growing, and low water needing trees. We planted it in reach of the sprinklers so it wouldn't need to be watered separate and only run the sprinklers for 1 mintue, twice a day. The grass is bermuda grass so it is also a low water consumption greenery for our yard. By this time next month the lawn should be full and green and Aiden and Ambria will be able to play for hours in the grass while I read on the patio. They love being outside.

My cookbook is also coming along nicely, I've got nearly 70 of my very own recipes in it and I'm nearly done with the designs. Publishing it will be easy since I am not looking to sell and make a profit. I am hoping to pass it out to family and friends. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment