Saturday, June 19, 2010

Farmer's Market Trip

Yesterday was such a wonderful day. I had been feeling really down with no hope of lifting my spirits. My step mom, Angela, picked the kids and I up and drove us to Mesa where we went to the MVD with my dad and legally put the Hyundai in my name. It's all said and done and I am finally the proud owner of a fully paid off, good looking car that not only comfortably holds the car seats, but also sports an awesome A/C! Afterwards, we all went to the Mesa Farmer's Market. All I can say is, WOW! The prices there are so amazing! The kids enjoyed snacking on blueberries and dates while we shopped and I ended up getting a whole cart of fresh fruit and veggies for about $30. I was so surprised. Looks like I'll be going there once a month to get my produce. It's well worth the drive.

Last night for dinner, I decided to cook outside the box. I chopped up an onion, red and green bell pepper, squash, and zucchini and cooked them up in olive oil, garlic and curry. Then I cooked, peeled and diced up my eggplant and added it to a ricotta and sour cream curry sauce that I had made and mixed with a bit of pasta. I layered this over the bed of veggies and Ian LOVED it. The plus side? It was so healthy.

For breakfast today the kids dug into a ton of the fruit. They had blueberries, a banana, a few prunes, and grapes. They are such good eaters. Hoping to do grilled ham and cheese with a few dates on the side and cottage cheese for lunch. Then we'll be off to their cousin Connor's birthday party!


No comments:

Post a Comment