Thursday, June 24, 2010

Under-the-Weather and Over Budget

What a Thursday. Everyone in the house is feeling under par today. The kids are completely stuffed up and lethargic. Ian is dizzy, and stuffy, and achy. I am... well, it doesn't matter because I have to work anyway. Someone has to keep the house going. One bright side to our lazy sick day is the kids have both wanted more naps than usual. This gave me time to take a short 30 minute nap today which I treasured to the max! Ian brought Ambria into bed with us when she woke up and she was kind enough to wake Mommy with a barrage of wet, slimy kisses. But I loved every minute of it. Ian and I laid in bed playing with Ambria for a little over an hour while Aiden continued to sleep. I wish we could have family time like that every day. It was wonderful.

Sadly, Ian has had a week off of work due to a shortage of available hours at work so our finances will be taking a monumental hit. Today and tomorrow, though, he has a few side jobs to earn some extra income. He left at 5pm to help his sister move a roommate in to her house, then he'll be picking up a pay check and stopping by a customer's house to set up an amp and some speakers. Hopefully it will be easy work and won't take too long. Tomorrow he has 2 more customers to set up audio for. If his schedule allows it, he'll be going to my father's house this weekend to texture his ceiling and cut up some scrap metal. I just hope he is feeling better. I hope we all are.

On the menu for tonight is our bean casserole. I love this dish! It's a simple recipe that has very little prep time and is rather healthy too! You can find my recipe here. In my picture you'll notice bits of white mixed in with my bean casserole. I added barley to it. I love cooking with barley since it is so good for you. Other than that small addition, the recipe is virtually the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment