Sunday, June 6, 2010

But Wait, There's More!

This week is going to be a hectic one. Not entirely busy, just stressful. It's only Sunday and I already feel as if I am behind on everything. I still have to vacuum and quick mop downstairs, do a load of dishes, carry a huge box downstairs and into the garage, clean the back patio, organize the refrigerator, clean the kitchen and fold laundry, figure out a dinner for the kids and make it, bath time, figure out a dinner for Ian and I, and some tidying once the kids go to bed. Tomorrow I have to take Ian to work, take two energetic babies to GCC, get them to sit still in a public setting while I wait to be called, and pay for my summer class, convince my sister Brianna to let me borrow her car for a month so I can actually make it to class (assuming I can find a sitter), try and squeeze in 3 more loads of laundry (on off-peak energy times,) clean the play room, scrub both bathrooms, buy some last minute things from the grocery store, make Brianna a birthday gift and then at 10:30 at night load the kids back in the truck and drive to Desert Ridge to pick Ian up. Ian is having his ex and her new husband over for dinner on Tuesday so the house MUST be 100% ready to show off in every room, the kids need to be scrubbed down and naps have to be timed perfectly for optimal behavior during our dinner. I have to look like a fairy tale Goddess so I will be needing a hair cut, color, and style as well as a full facial and I will be needing to find my most impressive outfit which probably will look less fashionable over a pregnant belly - but I can make it work. The dogs need to be bathed and given a stern talking to about their behavior before company gets here, I need to cook a full 3 course meal that is undeniably breathtaking... and somewhere in all of this mess I need to keep my babies happy throughout the days. After the first half of the week tears through me I'd like to rest - but wait, there's more! Don't forget my obstetrical appointment on Thursday morning, don't forget to put the dumpster out before I leave because it's already full, Ian's friend Brent is having a bachelor party on Thursday night which Ian and I still need to discuss and agree on. I need to find a dress to wear to the wedding on Saturday, figure out a wedding gift, find a babysitter or risk complete and total chaos with two babies, don't forget to feed the dogs every day, somehow manage to convince Ian to clean the dog run, remember to call mom everyday, make Lainy some tarts, make sure Ian always has clean socks, get he car out of impound and through emissions (somehow), don't forget to pay Directv or it'll be shut off, cut out more butterflies for Ambria's birthday party, design, painstakingly hand make and mail out all of her birthday invitations, schedule a day to spend time with Dad, somewhere in here Brianna needs a Birthday dinner and cake, diapers, diapers, diapers... BREATHE!
..and don't forget to shower.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for those tarts my dear! Very exciting stuff! Then if they are as amazing as you say they are I will need to steal that recipe from you as well. I need to start a book like you have of all my recipes that way when I'm trying to decide on what to eat I will have something other than my Better Homes and Gardens cook books to go off of. Something will all the recipes we know and love.

    ReplyDelete