Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Real Life - Day Two

630-730am: Wake up, shower and get ready to go, feed Aralynn and get her in some cute garb. Then load her into the car so we can get to our appointments.

815-Noon: We got to Aralynn's appointment 5 minutes late because the traffic on Grand Ave. wasn't as grand as I had hoped it would be. After sitting in the waiting room for what seemed like 47 years we were finally called back. Aralynn weighed in at 16lbs, 8oz and is 25 inches long. Her double ear infections were cleared up so they gave her all of her 2 month vaccinations (even though she's already 4 months old) and gave her the once over. Her doctor said she's ahead of her age group on all of her milestones. Then wrapped everything up. After her appointment I fed her and drove to my appointment. Unfortunately my appointment didn't go as well as Aralynn's did, however, on a positive note it could have been worse. I have 2 discs in my back that have issues. L3 is bulging and L4 is deteriorating. L4 is the effect of what she presumes is arthritis in my back. She can't really cure it and back surgery is not an option for me so she prescribed me a machine that I will wear and it will attach to my back. It will emit electrodes into the lumbar area of my back and numb the nerves in instances of severe pain. I really hope it helps because the next step is weekly injections into my spine. My orthopedic doctor doesn't want to do that on a patient as young as me because apparently it will just make the arthritis worse and it will progress faster. So I am hoping the machine will be my magic cure.

1230-430pm: Played upstairs with the babies. Then Aiden said "out Mommy!" so I left them to their toys and went downstairs to get their lunch ready. I peeled 4 cooked eggs, chopped them up and added miracle whip and sweet relish, plated it and gave each a side of peas. They gobbled it up but Aiden ended up using some of his as hair gel so he took a shower after he finished. Both babies went to their rooms for nap time and Ian and I busted out the bread maker to play and practice making a loaf of french bread.

5-6pm: Dinner for the kids

6-630: Inventory orders for CCJ.

630-8pm: Nighttime routine with the kids. Baths, brush teeth, lotion for Ambria, kids clean their own rooms, then pick out books for Mommy to read.

8-11pm: Ian played video games while I sat bored next to him. Around 11 I got so bored that I decided to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment