Saturday, February 19, 2011

Real Life - Day Six

Today has been a train wreck, but a manageable one. If you've been following, you know my dogs killed a cat yesterday. I was in the middle of doing laundry when I heard a knock at the front door. It was my favorite neighbor! Then my excitement to see my neighbor dropped through the floor when he asked if I had seen a white cat because his girlfriend's cat had gone missing. I didn't even know how to respond. I instantly knew that poor kitty covered in dirt and blood was theirs. I didn't want to tell him because I remember the bag that the cat's body was in was now in a garbage can covered in dog poop and yard debris. I didn't want him to see their dead cat like that but I couldn't lie. It wouldn't be right. I took him to the back yard and he dug the bag out and tore it open. He confirmed that it was their cat, took the lifeless body and left. I stood in my house with Ambria just staring at me. Aralynn was sleeping and Aiden was playing at his Grandma Cathy's house. I checked on Aralynn, picked up Ambria and walked next door. Before I even made it to their front patio, I could hear Christine (the girlfriend) screaming and crying. My heart sank. I felt so bad. How could my sweet, loving dogs be such cold-hearted murderers? They get along great with our cat. I rang the bell anyway. Benny answered and I dished out the best, most sympathetic, genuine apology I could and offered to replace the cat. Such a bad day. I don't look forward to any repeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment