Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Child Labor - The Fun Kind

My oldest baby turned 2 in September so I guess that makes him nearly a 2 1/2 year old now. Surprisingly we are all somehow surviving the "terrible two" stage of his life and honestly, he deserves the most credit for it. He's a pretty good kid. That and I'm the best parent that nature could create. Ha! Just kidding about that last part. Although being the best parent you can possibly be does help to nurture an awesome kid. Responsibility is an important lesson for kids to learn and the sooner the better. Aiden has spent his entire life watching me maintain our home and recently asked me for his own chores and I happily obliged. Now his chores are cleaning his room and feeding the dogs. Granted, he often spills the dog food and needs several reminders to stay on task when cleaning his room but it's still a good learning experience for him. Ambria enjoys cleaning up her own toys but I think 1 year old is too young to have mandated chores. I'll let her enjoy life another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment