Friday, May 22, 2009

Vacation Shmaycation

Today I was supposed to go out of town with my mom for the weekend. She needed a break from work, and family things and I simply needed a break. Unfortunately this beautiful (seriously) weather we've been having has dampened (no pun intended) our plans. We had originally decided to go to Roosevelt, AZ and spend the weekend on the lake. Big body of water + thunderstorms = bad idea. So now I'm not sure what she has in store as far as a reprieve.

The weather forecast for the day predicts a high of 83 degrees and thunderstorms throughout the day so I'm shutting off the A/C and opening the doors and windows to try and take in as much of this weather as I possibly can before it slips away. To set the mood I'll make some homemade egg flower soup and toasted sandwiches for lunch and perhaps even watch a good movie on TV.

Have a great rainy friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment