Friday, August 6, 2010

Whew!

What a week! Even though I took 2 days off of most of my household cleaning duties, it still feels like my week has been super busy! I did have quite a bit of success of shopping prices though. I bought a whole month worth of groceries for somewhere around $150. I also managed to find a 5' x 8' area rug for only $30! I even found a brand new electric lawn mower with a grass catch bag for $129




but we can't quite afford it yet. Believe me, we'll be getting it soon though! Target also has a great deal on an awesome Oneida knife set that I have my heart set on when money allows. This week's menu has been quite tasty and somewhat experimental. I think I'll be doing my "Mealplan Monday" a little earlier than normal and will probably have it posted by Saturday (tomorrow) or Sunday.

The kids are still growing like weeds and learning like crazy. I did set up a new and improved bath time schedule for them which I hope will be better for everyone. Now bathtime will be every other night (unless otherwise needed) and will be given on an alternated shift of first Mommy, then Daddy. So I give bathes one night and Ian will do bath time with the kids the next time. Etc, etc.. Aiden is getting so good with his ABC's and identifying animals. I am so proud of him. Even Ambria is learning more and more every day. She can say Mama, Dada, No, Kitty, Bye, Hi, responds to several commands, loves to dance, and can eat anything except super hard foods like nuts and chewable vitamins. A normal day consists of 8oz of cereal (kix, mini wheats, or fruit loops) and a sippy cup of milk. Snack time is fruit (bananas or berries) and gold fish or animal crackers. Lunch is either a turkey and cheese OR peanut butter sandwich and a side of veggies (corn, carrots, or peas) and Dinner time ALWAYS includes some type of meat (ground beef, chicken, or ham) along with pasta or potatoes and veggies. I don't know how she manages to chew any of her food but she gets it down without any issues. I am so thankful to be done with baby food and toddler meals (until baby 3 arrives) because it sure does save money!

My to-do list for today is still somewhat long. Here it is:

Make bed
Dishes
Fold Finished Laundry
Wash Linens
Wash Basket of Clothes
Feed Dogs
Vacuum Upstairs
Vacuum Downstairs
Clean off Chase in room
Write Thank You Cards from Ambria's Party
Organize Toys in Playroom
Order Text Books for Classes
Sort & Put Away Ambria's Laundry
Clean My Corner of the Bedroom
Bring in, Clean, and Set up Bassinet
Wash Highchair and Booster

and that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment