Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rain, rain, stay a while...

This weekend has been absolutely wonderful! There has been so much rain these past few days and my back yard has truly appreciated it! The yard is 90% covered in nice thick, green grass.. my nearly dead tree has been revived and sprouted tons of new leaves. It is beginning to look like a real yard. Tonight Ian let the dogs out of the run to play in the grass with the kids and everyone loved it! (especially the dogs) Afterwards, we brought the dogs inside to eat not only their regular dog food but also a specialty of leftovers from the fridge which we no longer had any intention of consuming. The dogs felt truly spoiled tonight. It was nice to see them so fat and happy. Ambria was thrilled about being so close to the dogs. Her face lit up from the moment we let them out and she stayed excited about them until we put them away. Then the kids ate dinner and dessert, were both bathed and are now playing in the play room. I think for dinner tonight for Ian and I, I'll be making honey battered chicken with a side of white rice. I did get the chance to go grocery shopping today (for 3 hours!) but when I was putting everything away I realized I had forgotten a lot of things. Looks like I'll be making another trip this week which I know Ian will not be thrilled about.

School starts for me in a little over 2 weeks. I am so excited to be going to school again. My degree is so close I can almost taste it. Just a few classes left! After I receive my degree, I will be returning for a second degree (in finance.) My mom always told me to never stop learning. I really enjoy working numbers in excel anyway so finance may be a fun way to go! I even managed to get a little over $6k in grants so I don't have to worry about any financial burden while I'm going to school. How blessed am I?

I did not get around to creating a meal plan for this week. I figure we'll just play it by ear. I have tons of wonderful ingredients to make several wholesome meals so whatever we are craving that night will be the star of the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment