Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back to Reality

Well guys.. my blogging vacation has come to an end. It's been a very weird few weeks for me, but enjoyable all the same. I have been able to spend every minute of every day with my husband and our son doing the things we enjoy. We even got the kids' rooms painted! Aiden's room was repainted with a light cream color (Behr's Artist's Canvas) with a blue accent wall. Ambria's room was done the same except her accent wall is a beautiful lavendar color (Behr's Purple Pansies) I was able to organize my scrapbooking room, the upstairs entertainment room, and even go through and sort more of Aiden's clothes. The time hubby and I have spent together has been priceless. We have been staying up until 3am nearly every night this week either watching a movie, things recorded on our DVR, or playing on our computers together. Needless to say I was drained when I dragged myself out of bed at 6:45am to collect and feed my crying child. Astonishingly, Ian got up shortly after and migrated to the couch to lay down in our presence. I continued my morning routine while leaving the boys in the living room. When Aiden started getting fussy, Ian jumped to the occassion and took care of him, and got him off to bed for a nap. Exhausted, I laid down and within minutes, I was out.
When I came to, it was nearly 10am!! I felt like such a slacker, but I was well rested and in good spirits. The house was quiet. Very quiet and I slinked out of bed and into the living room just to find that it was empty. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks. My jaw dropped and I was rendered immobile. There in my kitchen was my husband Ian. Dishes (from the past few days that had piled up) all washed and put away. Counters and sink scrubbed. The kitchen was sparkling and he was to thank. I asked if he was ok, if he had done anything wrong, if he wanted something, and if he was ill. His answers were Yes, No, No, and No. His head revealed no fever. I was dumbfounded. Ever since we first met he had never offered to clean anything and here we were, almost 3 years later and he was cleaning my kitchen. I was so greatful. His act of kindness has put me in the best mood I have felt in a long long time. To top it off, he even bought me The Sims 3! He can be such a sweetheart when he actually tries.
Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Tomorrow he will be returning to work and my days of constant, never-ending housework and cheerio duty will continue. I have also picked up more work with my Mary Kay business and will be working more often than just Saturdays. Hard work pays off though and our goal is to have our monthly expenses down close to $2,000 per month. Here's hoping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment