Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jan Meal Plan

My "Meal Plan Monday" has temporarily been replaced because of a spurt of ambition. This post will be "Meal Plan January" and hopefully will be a great point of reference for anyone needing dinner ideas this month.

Jan. 04 - Chicken Pot Pie and Asparagus
Jan. 05 - Marinated Chicken and Rice
Jan. 06 - Meatloaf, Potatoes and Corn on the Cob
Jan. 07 - Teriyaki Chicken, Rice and Peas
Jan. 08 - Shepherd's Pie
Jan. 09 - White Chicken Chili
Jan. 10 - Breaded Chicken and Zesty Mashed Potatoes
Jan. 11 - Jerked Buffalo Chicken and Baked Zucchini
Jan. 12 - Spaghetti with Meatballs and Garlic Bread
Jan. 13 - Hawaiian Chicken
Jan. 14 - Cheeseburger Calzones
Jan. 15 - Mustgo
Jan. 16 - Stroganoff and Green Beans
Jan. 17 - Order Pizza! (YAY)
Jan. 18 - Lemon Pepper Chicken with Garlic Pasta
Jan. 19 - Chicken Tacos
Jan. 20 - Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
Jan. 21 - Mexican Beefy Burritos
Jan. 22 - Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
Jan. 23 - Chicken Hotdish
Jan. 24 - Chicken and Rice Pilaf
Jan. 25 - Lasagna
Jan. 26 - Tangy Ranch Chicken
Jan. 27 - Creamy Chicken Casserole
Jan. 28 - Order Pizza!

You might notice that our eating out nights are bolded. I'd like to remind you that it is not because I get a night off from cooking, (although that is a perk) it is because I simply love pizza. You might also notice that there are only two nights this month that we will be eating a non-homecooked dinner. This is for several reasons:
1) It's much healthier than eating out (usually)
2) We are tight on money and it would be stupid and irresponsible for us to be eating out any more often than this.
3) I'm not lazy. It is my job to take care of my family so I feed them. Simple as that.

On a different note; for those of you looking for a way to feel productive but don't know where to start, I'm going to be organizing the kitchen pantry (among many other things) today. Please feel free to join me and clean/organize your pantry as well. I like to keep everything in mine categorized by item. It helps keep the pantry looking clean as well as makes it easier to find what I am looking for. Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment