Monday, July 19, 2010

Preparations for Ambria's Big 1!

After spending all holidays and special occasions driving to and from various relative's houses, Ian and I have decided we just can't manage it with the kids. It puts too much stress on us so from here on out, holidays will be at our house and anyone is welcome to come, but we don't plan on going out. This being decided upon, we held an Easter party at our house this year that turned out wonderful. Now, I am throwing Ambria's 1st birthday at our house. Her theme is butterflies and though it will be a wonderful party, I am so stressed about it. I have 6 days to get everything ready around the house. Today I spent a better portion of my afternoon, sorting through the third bedroom upstairs which we have used as my scrapbooking/our storage room. It was a disheveled disaster! I feel great knowing it's finally nearing presentability! This room won't be used during the party but I do have family coming over that have never seen our beautiful home before and I'd like them to see it in all of its glory. I have cute out hundreds of paper butterflies which I hope to affix to my walls and ceiling by Saturday and I'll be baking cupcakes on Saturday as well in hopes of decorating them to look like butterflies for the party on Sunday. Grocery shopping for the party food will be done on Friday as well as a preliminary floor to ceiling house cleaning. I will clean any child related messes and dishes on Sunday morning before guests get here. That leaves me Tuesday - Thursday to worry about any other things that I need to get done. However Tuesday (tomorrow) I have to go get an iron injection since my bloodwork came back with alarming results, then rush home in time to meet up with my home nurse who will give me my weekly injection, then fix lunch for Ian and the kids and see Ian off to work. My weekly injection drains me for a day when I get it so I suppose the remainder of my Tuesday will be lost to dishes and activity time with the kids in the loft. That will leave me Wednesday to clean the changing room, and upstairs bathroom as well as pay some bills, pick up the play room and finish all of the laundry in the house. Thursday will be spent (hopefully) at a Farmers Market in Mesa, and the swap mart in Phoenix in search of some worthy rugs for the living room and foyer. I've got a busy week ahead of me but I know I'll get it all done!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I'm apart of your Thursday :D. Good job on deciding to keep holidays at your house from here on out. I know I told you this already but it has really saved us from dealing with the stress of toting two babies around to 400 different places.

    ReplyDelete