Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chapter 1

I've been inspired by a book that my husband's aunt has given me and I have decided to dedicate a string of blogs to my best friend, Lainy. I hope they will help her find a release for the stress in her life and make things a bit more tolerable for her. At the very least I hope she can find strength in them.

There are things every woman should know. I intend on going over each of the important things one by one.



Chapter 1: Carpe Diem.

Simply put - seize the day. Every day. Wake up early and take your time in rising. Be refreshed, not rushed. If you have kids then be sure to wake at least 10 minutes before them to give yourself some quality YOU time. Wash your face, drink a cup of coffee (ew) or do whatever you need to do to feel like you have officially started your day. Rushing into it in a frenzy starts the day off with stress and if that's how you are jumping into the day - it's likely how you'll finish.

Look for small revelations all day long. If you are inherently pessimistic, you'll have to look hard but they are there, daily. It could be anything from your child learning a new word or skill to witnessing a stranger do something nice for another stranger. Is everyone in your family healthy today? Awesome! Victory for one day! Did you conquer your urge and replace that pizza for lunch with something a little kinder on the waist? If you have gone through your day and are finding yourself feeling down because you were unable to find any revelations... do you know without a doubt that there is a person out there that loves you for you? Then great! It's still a victory to add to your belt! Love everyone around you and someone is bound to return the favor.

Don't know ANYONE? Go outside. Take in nature. Everything from the bugs that gross you out to the butterflies and the rodents to the more appealing mammals are all sharing this moment in history with you.

Love your work and enjoy your play. There is no lasting joy in doing things for money or fame. Do them simply because you love what you do. If you stay at home while your spouse works, you may not enjoy doing chores around the house but if you love doing these things to keep your family in a happy, healthy, clean environment, there should be no reason to ellude these duties. I enjoy doing the chores around my house. I know I am keeping busy, burning calories, and not being lazy. It makes me feel good about myself and my home and I know my husband appreciates coming home to a cozy house.

Finally, welcome the night. Good sleep is your body's mending time. When dreams take hold of your mind, all worry and anger becomes subdued and temporarily doesn't exist.

Take time out of your day to

No comments:

Post a Comment